Friday, January 16, 2015

Selling in the studio

During my time as the volunteer in Open Studio yesterday, I watched Mathilda set out a crate of her work for a customer of hers to see...as well as the other students who were working that afternoon.  Mathilda is an active member of a local store, Morningstar Gallery, and makes her pottery and has it all fired at BMCA studio.  She is very talented. 

We also observed yesterday a heating repair person advise us that the only problem was "the batteries in the remote control were almost dead." 

When I arrived at the studio it had been really brisk, but by the time I left at 4 pm, the thermometer on the wall showed an increase of 10 degrees in temperature.  So perhaps we shall be toasty warm now!  (I remember when we didn't have running water in the studio or heat and air conditioning.  We are so lucky for these features now, even hot water!)

No comments: